Friday 24 April 2015

Articulating the lived experience through the written word.


Sitting down at my computer, still, silent, stress fuelled library, allocated writing time ticking by and trying to write a reflective essay about my accommodation of knowledge in terms of the lived experience. I seem to be struggling with continuous contradictions in my writing as well as what seems to be a slight juxtaposition between my current situation and subject matter. I’m experiencing perpetual problems trying write using language that represents the standpoint I claim to take. Learning and thinking in any form I understand to be processes that involve whole body consciousness so, of what is this  ‘mind’ or these ‘thoughts’ or the many other better examples I can’t think of right now but keep referring to in my writing?  Whilst I see natural changes in terms of my dance practice and the ways in which I communicate newly acquired knowledge in my teaching, it seems to be much more difficult to express in my writing, particularly when being reflective. Perpetual text deletion has led to a sense of exasperation so I thought maybe sharing might help. Does this even make sense?  Anyone else sometimes struggle to find the right words? 

No comments:

Post a Comment